Thursday, April 7, 2016

90's Fashion Comeback

Lately, I've been seeing teens and college girls wearing the same things I wore in the late 1990's and early 2000's. Back in those days, I would try to mimic any outfit worn by Sporty Spice of the Spice Girls, listen to everything by the Backstreet Boys, and trade Pokemon cards during recess. 



Here are the top five fashion and beauty trends from the 1990's that are trendy now:



1. Tattoo Chokers
I can't believe this trend is back. I had so many of these back in the day; from the choker necklaces to bracelets and anklets. I remember trying so hard to get a cool looking tan on my wrist while wearing the bracelet version. This one's for sale at Claire's for $6.50. 



2. Dr. Martin's Boots


I didn't have a pair of these when I was younger, but my sister bought a few pairs recently since they are trendy now. For $120 a pair, I think I will pass on this expensive trend. 




3. Floral Skater Dress


I remember the 90's being a very floral, girl power, almost hippie era. Maybe that's just me. Any print that is dark and has a lot of sunflowers or daisies always reminds me of the 1990's. This dress is available at ASOS. 





4. Scrunchies


I had so many scrunchies growing up. How else was I supposed to put my hair in a pony tail?! I also grew up figure skating, so I had scrunchies to match all my competition outfits. The black scrunchie I had with pink glitter all over it was my favorite, back in the day. 





5. Birkenstocks


I totally had a Target brand pair of these growing up. So easy to slip on and off when you're little, but the worst part was getting wood chips in them while playing at the park. I've seen these everywhere lately, even on campus. I'm dying to get a pair and these are available at Urban Outfitters for $125. I think I'll stick to the way cheaper Target brand of these sandals.



A lot of these trendy items were super popular in the 1990's, but were also big parts of other decades. Trendy fashion is almost always made up of items that have been recycled from different decades, so one can't totally classify it in one decade. Who knows what trend will be recycled next. 









No comments:

Post a Comment